Conditions for goods transportation 2021
- Heavy commercial traffic means that transport/service carried out by hired company registred with Business ID.
- Fore safety reason can vehicles and equipage weighing over 12 t only be booked via Ålandstrafiken.
- It is allowed to deliver freight to and from an archipelago municipality (Vårdö, Brändö, Kumlinge, Sottunga, Föglö and Kökar) within the same day according to archipelago fare. Empty vehicle is allowed one way to/from an archipelago municipality within the same day according to archipelago fare. It is allowed to continue after an overnight stay in an archipelago municipality with empty vehicle or new load according to archipelago fare.
- It is not allowed to deliver freight or empty vehicle from end harbour to end harbour according to archipelago fare, neither within the same day or after an overnight stay in an archipelago municipality. For transportation from one end harbour to another we recommend privately owned shipping companies. If carrier chooses to deliver freight or empty vehicle end harbour-end harbour without reservation within the same day or after an overnight stay in the archipelago the vehicle will be charged according to transit fare. End harbours are Hummelvik, Långnäs, Svinö, Osnäs and Galtby. Exception is approved booking right.
- Companies that have stated Brändö, Kumlinge, Sottunga, Föglö or Kökar as their home municipality can book several roundtrips from the archipelago within the same day according to archipelago fare, however the vehicle can not deliver the same freight or empty vehicle end harbour-end harbour within the same day.
- Companies with tractor, tractortrailer, dumpers, forestry harvester, compaction roller and other heavy vehicles can book according to price bracket X-Large. The transport/service must be carried out by a company with a Business ID.
- Transport of goods to/from Vårdö must send the shipping documents to Ålandstrafiken´s office before travel Osnäs > Hummelvik vv can be booked for the archipelago fares, goods may not be transported to mainland Åland. The fares can not be adjusted afterwards. Other exemptions from the transit fares must be confirmed with a decision on the granted booking right from one end harbour to another end harbour (Aland main Island–Finland vv).