General conditions for changes/cancellations 2018
- The changes/cancellations for vehicle reservations are made online or to Ålandstrafiken during office hours if not other notified.
- If cancellation is made outside Ålandstrafiken’s regular office hours the customer shall use the online booking.
- Vehicles with green season ticket and vehicles without season ticket can change/cancel their reservation 6 hours at the latest before the ferry departure from the departure harbour online or at Ålandstrafiken during office hours in order to gain a refund of the prepaid ticket, except a handling fee of 5 Euro. To obtain a refund the obligatory customer information has to be completed with a bank account number (IBAN and BIC) and personal identity number.
- Reservations that are cancelled too late (2 hours or 6 hours before departure) will be billed a regular-priced ticket if the booking is unpaid. Vehicle reservations that are made online and changed/cancelled later than 6 hours before the departure cannot receive a refund. Invoiced customers will be billed a regular-priced ticket if the booking is changed/cancelled later than 6 hours before departure. Vehicles with season ticket will be invoiced 50% of regular-priced ticket if the booking is changed/cancelled too late.
- Rebooking of departure the same day is allowed 2 hours before departure to Ålandstrafiken during office hours without additional charges.
- Vehicles with red season ticket (residents in the Åland archipelago municipalities) shall change/cancel reservations 2 hours before departure, at first online, secondly to Ålandstrafiken during office hours or to the ferry. During evenings and weekends can cancellations be informed to the ferry. The customer is responsible to contact Ålandstrafiken the following workday, before a cancellation fee is invoiced.
- Vehicles with red season ticket that do not cancel their reservations or are “no-shows” are denied all reservations for 1 month after at least 3 detected “no-shows”. Vehicles with green season ticket and vehicles without season ticket that do not cancel their reservations or are “no-shows” are denied all reservations for 1 year after at least 3 detected “no-shows”.
- The fee for late change/cancellation will not be invoiced if there is an acceptable reason. Reason for late change/cancellation must be stated when reservation is changed/cancelled too late. Please contact Ålandstrafiken when necessary.
- The ferries make reservations/cancellations only when it comes to "archipelago cars" (read more at: Good to know/Booking terms/archipelago car reservations). The ferries will not change/cancel regurarly booked departures. If the ferry gives the go-ahead that a vechicle gets a spot onboard, does not mean that the customer, with or withour a season ticket, is deprived from the responsibility to cancel their reservation made on another ferry in time.